Sunday 18 May 2014

Home Sweet Home................

This time last week, I was sitting in the garden, enjoying the view, not any view, but this view

No, it's okay, I didn't win the Lotto, this was part of the gardens where the Clarity Design Team were staying, courtesy of Barbara Gray and Dave Roe - now known as the Clarity Treat Retreat - 19 of use shacked up in 3 wonderful gites/cottages


Tuesday saw the start of the journey back to the UK - we departed from Languidic in Brittany at 8am (French Time) with several stops along the way for coffee, petrol and toilet breaks, finally arriving at the port of Calais at 3pm (French Time) - yep, 7ish hours of driving in a convoy of 5 cars - this time we all managed to stay together for the who trip! The ferry was late departing by half an hour, so we finally arrived back in the UK at 5pm (UK Time) to be met by glorious sunshine, quickly followed by torrential rain - welcome home! We arrived back at Barbara & Dave's just before 6.30pm to unload some of the cars of crafty bits and pieces, then I dropped Jayne off who lives in the same village and finally walked through my front door at 7pm (UK Time) - 12 hours door to door - just over 1,000 covered  from departing the UK a week earlier and returning home!

As I walked through the door, Shep woke up from his sleep on the sofa, looked at me and then went back to sleep - nice to know I had been missed!!! Don't worry, he wasn't home alone whilst I was away, he went on his own holiday to my Aunt & Uncle who live about 20 minutes away.

Then it was time to unload the car - I managed to get 2 loads of washing done, before heading up to bed at 11pm, I was not looking forward to the alarm going off at 4:00am! I actually woke up just before the alarm went off - it was light outside which threw me into a panic as I thought I had overslept, but no, it was just that the mornings had gotten lighter whilst I was away! Wednesday felt like a long day at the office and by the time I got home I was totally shattered and went to bed at 8:30pm feeling all achy. Things didn't improve on Thursday and was in bed again by 9pm! I thought holiday's were meant to be good for you!


Below are some pieces I created whilst away in France using various products from Claritystamp - HERE
Gelli Plate

Gelli Card Stock
Stencils
Stamps
Acrylic Paints
Adirondack Ink Pads
Brayer


















Happy Crafting!

Paul x

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work, I think you need a holiday to get over your holiday : )

    ReplyDelete