Sunday 13 April 2014

Time....................

Another week has flown by, I have no idea where time is going at the moment!

I just want to say a big thank you for all your lovely comments on here and Facebook about one of my Clarity samples that was shown on TV last weekend


I did say that I was going to Blog a step-by-step on how I made the card, but Barbara asked if she could do it instead, so if you want to see how to recreate my "Happy Accident", then check out Barbara's Blog HERE

I have a confession to make, I have not crafted for over a week! It seems very strange, but as I have no samples to make, or any prep for TV, demo or workshops until the end of the month I have taken the time to chill out! The downside of this is that I have felt very tired and a couple of evenings was sound asleep by 9pm! So this week, I think I will do some crafting!

On Saturday I popped along to the Big Stamp & Scrapbooking Show at Ally Pally - I still find it strange walking around the retail shows and not working, but it is nice to be able to stand and watch other talented crafters demo! I spent a lovely hour or so watching the very talented Leandra Franich the owner of PaperArtsy and also talented Linda Brown. I have known Linda, Mark and Linda for many years from attending various retail shows, but never had a chance to watch them create there magic! As a result I ended up purchasing a few items!


Check out the website HERE

Whilst watching my selling instincts cut in and ended handing out a few baskets to some of the customers who were struggling the carry all there purchases!

I spent a few hours walking the show, chatting and having a general catchup with lots of lovely crafters who are also friends! Obviously I had to stop by the Clarity stand - to say it was busy was an understatement! Barbara was working her magic at one end of the stand and the lovely Jo Rice was working her magic at the other end, with Dave & Jayne manning the tills and Chloe doing her best to restock the dwindling products!!! I popped off to get them such much needed refreshments, and then dived in to give them a hand - I didn't do any demoing, but I helped on the tills for a while to give Dave & Jayne a 5 minute much needed break and also helped some of the crafters with there purchases!

Last week I told you about a workshop I attended as a pupil run by my lovely friend, Martine Smith who works for Oyster Stamps. Martine is also a Design Team Member for Heartfelt Creations and I just had to share one of her samples that she has made for the latest release of Heartfelt products


You can check out more of Martine's stunning samples on her Blog HERE

Well that's enough for today, time is running away again!

Happy Crafting

Paul x


7 comments:

  1. Hi Paul lovely to catch up with you at A/P ,I must say it does seem strange to see you walking around and not doing your magic on the stands ,but time is precious so enjoy it.cant wait to see what you do with your new goodies that you brought :)
    And a big thank you .see you soon
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited AP today and purchased the same products from Paper Arty as you did Paul ! ... enjoy! E x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the show, Paul. As for the Clarity stand, that was very much how it seemed at the NEC, the busiest stand in the show and a real hub of creativity that just drew people in. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paul, great to see you too for longer than 5 minutes! Barb has been putting her own fabulous twist on our Grunge Paste too lately. It really is the perfect match with stencils. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it! Enjoy!
    Leandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous, I couldn't get there this time but I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful time, everyone is raving about it. I really love the happy accident card. Looking forward to seeing you again soon xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love that card Paul. Those fields are fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Paul it was great to see you on Saturday and thank you for the much needed coffee.
    I love this sample , the fields are inspirational...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete