Sunday 2 March 2014

Lots of Crafty Madness!!!!!!

Well the past few weeks have sure lived up to the title of the blog!

Rather than bore you all in one, go, I will do various blog posts over the next few days!


Saturday 15 February
I left home at 6am to head up to one of my favourite craft placecs, Coleman's Craft Warehouse in Rushden, Northampton. If you live locally and have never visited then all I can say is "Why not!!!!!!" The massive warehouse is jam packed of crafting goodies, the staff are so friendly and helpful, the only warning/suggestion I would make is that you should leave your credit card at home as it will go into meltdown!!!!!!



Anyway, back to my trip. My journey to Coleman's normally takes me between 2 and 2.5 hours, so leaving at 6am gave me plenty of time to stop of at McDonalds just down the road from the warehouse and still arrive before 9am. However, what I didn't take into account was the weather! The night before was very windy and very wet, but by the morning the rain had stopped but the wind continued and as a result, the QE2 Bridge (aka the Dartford Crossing) was closed, which at that time of the morning was not really an issue, although it was busier than normal. My journey continued, around the M25, onto the M11 and then onto the A14 only to find part of it was closed due to road works - great joy! Now my all singing  and all dancing Mr Tomtom had warned me that the A14 was closed, but that was when I was back on the M25, but I thought to myself that by the time I reached that part of my journey, it would be open - wrongggggggggggggg! To cut a long and boring story short, I arrived at Coleman's just after 9 with no McDonalds :-(

So what was the purpose of my visit to Coleman's? Well I was doing 2 workshops using some products from Pinflair - Background Artist design sheets, Gentle Blends, Buff It and Glitter Paste with a little bit of stamping and a little bit of die cutting thrown in for good measure!

Here are some pics from the day:







Well I think that is enough for one post, check back soon to see the next installment

Paul x

No comments:

Post a Comment