Sunday 9 March 2014

Stencil frenzy!!!!!

Okay, so I am really, really excited about this post!

As some of you know, when I make samples for either the TV, workshops, demos etc I like to look at the stamps in a different way and see what else I can come up with. So when Clarity started producing stencils, I wanted to see if I could put the same principle into practice.

Recently Clarity launched lots of new stencils, one of which is the Family Tree


This is a great stencil and the Clarity Design Team did some fantastic samples with them. However, I loved the intricate pattern on the stencil

I used it to create a background on this sample


It just uses this part of the stencil



When I was at the Trade show in February, I was talking to Jim from Clarity and was saying that I really loved that part of the stencil and it would be great if it was a complete stencil. Jim explained the process of the stencil making and said that as it was so intricate it would take time for the machine to cut it out.

Anyway, a few weeks later I was launching the stencils at my local craft shop, Pantiles Crafts, Books & Games in Tunbridge Wells. When I showed the ladies what they could do with the stencil, they all agreed that it would make a fab stencil as well. Anyway, at the end of the day, Barbara just happened to be passing and a few of the ladies mentioned it. So Barbara, being Barbara she took it all on board.

So imagine my surprise, when I popped round to Barbara's on Friday evening for a bit of a Clarity Catchup and she gave me this, the new Tangle 7 x 7 stencil



I was totally blown away with and wanted to rush home and experiment!

Below are just a couple of things I have done so far. I will be blogging again later with step by step instructions on how I created both of the cards

This is the pattern with ink brushed through it with the Clarity Stencil Brushes


This will be step by step projects later (and the hummingbird will be coloured!)



The stencil is available now on the Clarity website HERE

Happy Crafting and check back later when I will have done the Step by Step instructions

Happy Crafting

Paul x


6 comments:

  1. You're right, it makes a stunning stand alone stencil and your samples, coloured in or otherwise are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a fabulous stencil isn't it just brilliant especially for backgrounds and oh the gelli too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely stand alone and as back ground another one on my list thanks for sharing Paul xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design, well done Paul, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on that one.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forever known as Paul's Stencil, how does it feel to be immortalised? :-) You were so right though, it's perfect x

    ReplyDelete